Tabs

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December in Review -- Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up

Books/Stories Read:  15

Books on the Currently Reading Shelf:  12

Approximate Word Count:  5,519

Yeah, I should be trying to finish all these books with bookmarks.  Nope, I'm rearranging my room.  So, it's a safe bet, I can go ahead and do all of this.

  • Light My Fire by G. A. Aiken, paranormal romance/smut, 4 stars
    • Celyn the Charming's book.  This is the first time I've ever had to wait for an Aiken.  Worth waiting for.  DRAGON KIN!!!
  • Finding Miss McFarland by Vivienne Lorett, historical romance, 4 stars
    • This one tied in with the other two really well.  Will she become a brand name?  Maybe.  Decent.  Good finish.
  • Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford, YA/LGBT, 4 stars
    • Look at me, reading LGBT interest.  Anyway, it's a good book for teenagers.  I'm past that stage where I like teen smartasses, Holden Caulfield types, but it's a good book.  Suicide, depression, the problems that come with being gay, the whole nine yards.  If you can see past your bigotry, read it.  If you want to read a story about a bunch of children in the psych ward in a hospital, read it.  Read it, read it, read it.  I read it in a night.
  • Tempting Mr. Weatherstone by Vivienne Lorett, historical romance, 4 stars
    • The prequel to the Wallflower Weddings.  Oh my gosh, it was a novella and still had an awesome blow-up.  Good, good.
  • Kiss of Christmas Magic anthology, paranormal romance/smut
    • "Caribou's Gift" by Eve Langlais, 3 stars
      •  Cute little paranormal romance.  Caribou.  The guy was a caribou.  Who knew the words to "Let it Go" from Frozen.  Makes me want to read the other books in this series.
    • "Hunted Holiday" by Mandy Roth, 2 stars
      • Fluff.  Vampire fluff.  That is all.  IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!
    • "Lost in Winter" by Viola Rivard, 3 stars
      • Bears.  I love me some bear shifters.  Pretty decent.
    • "Kissed by Temptation" by Deeanna Chase, 3 stars
      • I want to read more books by this author.  I had one on Kindle that I've had forever, but clearly I need to read more of hers.  Sex witch.  With an incubus.  And pretty impressive, overall.
    •   "Bear Witness" by Michele Bardsley, 3 stars
    • "Christmas to Bear" by Carina Wilder, 3 stars
 
  • The Naked Gentleman by Sally Mackenzie, historical romance, 3 stars
  • Two characters that had been a long time coming.  Pretty okay.

  • Dresden Files:  War Cry by Jim Butcher, graphic novel, 4 stars
    • DRESDEN.  RAMIREZ!  Of course, it was amazing.

  • The Game Plan by R. L. Mathewson, contemporary erotic romance, 4 stars
    • Neighbor from Hell!  She's getting better as she goes along.

  •  The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, classic fantasy, 4 stars
    • Yeah, yeah, I'm just now reading it.  I endeavor to read more classics.  Whatever.  Thorin and Fili and Kili all died.  What the hell?  Anyway, moving on...

  • Something from the Nightside by Simon Green, urban fantasy, 4 stars
    • Took me way longer than it should have, and scarred me for life toward the end.  I already have 1-4, and some other odds and ends through the series.  I'm continuing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.