Tabs

Friday, January 3, 2014

Ramble About

The New Year’s been okay, so far.  I read 3 books in the past 2 days, and started on a short story today.  I wrote 1k per day for the 1st and the 2nd.

Today, I returned to work, and I lollygagged.  I read during work because it was a slow night.  Stuff did’t need to be shelved and I did all the pre-closing crap.

I didn’t write anything today.  Which, is why I’m doing a blogpost.  I’m cheating.  Easy 1k before midnight, right here—even if I don’t post it before midnight.

I have to remind myself of the routine for work days.  Whether I work that night or that morning, the other half of the day must be spent productively.

No DumpaDay, no Facebook, no Pinterest.  Writing, reading, studying, homework is all so much more important.

Prioritize, Jadi.  And start that damn paper!  And do that study guide!

I managed 3 books in two days.  Never mind two were children’s and another a graphic novel.

Speaking of, I got my first one yesterday.  Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files:  Goul Goblin.  My first ever graphic novel.  Of course it would be Dresden.

You have to understand something here:  The Dresden Files is the only series I like that actually has a good geek fandom.

People like Victoria Alexander, Julia Quinn, Stephanie Laurens all have fans.  But understand something, I don’t fit the stereotypical picture of a romance reader.  Romance readers are normally married, college-educated, middle-aged women.  Or so stastistics say.

I’ve never been so much as asked out.  I’m barely 21.  I am working on the college-educated part, but even that...

Although, most romance readers say they were young when they started.  They’re just not so young anymore.  Now, a lot of young adults, however, have a lot of good YA fiction.  With their own love stories.  I don’t know.  I’m not a teen or tween anymore.  And I’ve been reading romance for years.

I used to spend some time on forums for other book series—Christian fantasy.  I don’t much more these days.  It seems the older I get, the less I want to post my opinions, thoughts, whatever online unless it’s on my own Facebook timeline, or my own blog.

What can I say?  I have nothing to say that hasn’t been said before.

That, I think, is the epitome of low self-esteem.  “I’m not special.  I’m nothing new or original.  I can’t contribute to this conversation.”

I’m good at restating the obvious.  I don’t enjoy it, but I’m good at it.  And posting an “I agree,” seems extraneous.

Okay, I got my 500 words.  Or close to.  Don’t word count me.  I didn’t write  on my WiP.   I started a new one.  One that’ll probably be abandoned for a new project, or an old one.

Which is another thing.  It’ll be going on 2 years that I’ve put out “My Fair Donor.”  I think it’s time I put something else out there, don’t you think?

I should set a deadline:  Have something else ready for Smashwords, and the whole she-bang, by May.  If I knew it to the day, I’d set it, but I don’t.  But May.  The two-year mark.

Sounds good?

Good.

This girl needs to get her priorities straight.  I can have everything, but if I don’t write, I am nothing.

I may sleep with a clear conscience tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.