Tabs

Friday, April 18, 2014

Disclaimer for the Easter Post




My eye is still twitching.

I started taking Melatonin again because I can’t sleep.  And I’m seeing again the side effects that made me quit.

My mouse doesn’t work.

I turned in a take-home test late, even after the assignment was extended.

I’m pretty sure I had a near panic attack during my History and Systems of Psychology presentation.

I’m certain I did horribly on my Philosophy exam—and I still have a paper to write for that class that is due Monday.

The list goes on and on.

I avoid stress at all costs.  Mainly because I don’t deal with it well.  Not to mention I haven’t written a K since the 10th.

Problem identified.  So I got a bowl of ice cream in my lap and a six-pack of Mike’s in the fridge.

Easter.  Easter.  Easter.

Usually I post something about the Love of God, usually impersonal, but what I hope is something thought-provoking or encouraging.

I have an inkling of an idea, and perhaps enough to make a short post.

So, there is disclaimer.

I haven’t been feeling very Christian lately, and even less convicted about it.  I don’t even feel like I’m in any place to post anything.

But, it is also Tradition.  Not tradition.  Capital-T Tradition.

Easter is my holiday.  My favorite holiday.  I’ve been listening to a lot of songs about surrendering to Jesus.  You’re supposed to surrender your problems, your worries, and all that.

You’re also supposed to surrender yourself.

The show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.