Tabs

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

February in Review: All About that Balance

Productive Writing Days (1k+ words written):  22

Books Read:  12

I didn't do as well in February.  Obviously.  Some days I just got out and nothing happened at home for me to read or write that day.  I mainlined a series of books and it took its toll.  While I was glad to be back in Tortall, and this has nothing to do with those books, I know better than to mainline anything.  But I did for the Study Series, and I started re-reading Beka Cooper, and after I finished Mastiff, which was the only one I hadn't read, I wanted to read or re-read all of the Tortall books again and...well, you know what happened.  If I mainline a series, I go slower towards the end, because, lag.  If I don't mainline, I'm going to flop around, leave the series, and not come back to it for months.  Well, I finished Trickster's Queen last night and promptly started another book, and finished it today, but I'll write about that later.  This is February in Review, after all, not March.

I keep telling myself the world won't end if I don't do this.  It doesn't matter, don't be so hard on yourself.

But, if I'm not hard on myself, who's going to be?  Some of my biggest mistakes are not being hard enough on myself.  I have to push me.  If I don't push myself, how am I going to become better?

I'm between being kind to myself, it's okay if I don't read/write every day.  But at the same time, I am generally happier on the days I do those things.  But despite that, I've been having bad days.  That comes from Like Sucking.

I won't go into that either though.  I'm not quite where I need to be, but I'm farther than I could be.

And that's that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.