Tabs

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Third Time's The Charm

Or, my parents are The Best


November 30, 2018

I was on my way to work and somewhere around 5:30 I wrecked my Ford Focus wagon.  After a few months of waiting, the wonderful tax refund was in.  Mom allowed me to use her car to go to and from work.

February 22, 2019

So...I went back to the Buy Here, Pay Here I got the wagon from.  I put $1500 down on a 2003 Toyota Highlander.  I put the insurance on it, paid it six months in advance, and went to the tax accessor's office to get a personalized tag, because it was so wonderful, I bought a car on my own and everything, and personalized!

February 28-29, 2019

I got an oil change and 4 new tires, thinking I was going to have it for a long time.

March 2, 2019

I'm on my way home from work and it's acting up.

March 4-12, 2019

I'm stuck on side of the road on my way to work.  It gets towed.  The place I bought it from does some work on it, and another mechanic does work on it.  I leave the lot...only for it to do THE SAME THING IT WAS DOING BEFORE ALL THE WORK, and I bring it right back.  The next day, they tell me it's not worth it to fix it, and I can pick out something else.  I bring home a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu.  Because there were new tires on the Highlander, the fact that the Malibu was a little more expensive could be overlooked.  The amount owed and the payments would be the same.  Okay, fine.  I had to cancel the insurance I had on the Highlander and put it on the Malibu.  I had to go to the tax accessor's office to get the tag, that came in the day the Highlander had to get towed, transferred to the 'Bu.  There was a trap on the title.  Back to the Buy Here, Pay Here, where they gave me a temporary tag.

March 14, 2019

When I rode around in it, the engine missed, it jerked going into gears...  My sister's boyfriend looked at it.  It's the transmission causing the jerking.  Don't quite know what, but a car is not supposed to jerk when you shift into gears.  It's not supposed to jerk on the highway.

I turned in the keys.  I can't get my money back, or my tires, so whatever, screw all of them.  They've pocketed $1500 of my money, and then a set of brand new tires.  They're not getting anything else from me.

I've learned something about myself here.  If I have nothing to say to someone, I won't say anything to them.  I handed over the keys, said I'm out $2000, and left.

I wrote a bad review on the Better Business Bureau for the Buy Here, Pay Here.  They have no reviews on there, and we'll see if it gets posted or if they do anything.

March 15, 2019--Today!  (Yesterday?  I started this on the 15th, anyway)

While my parents are off to see about getting me a car from a dealership, under their names because I'm broke, I'm home and I get a call from the Buy Here, Pay Here.  It was loose hoses, it's running fine, there's nothing wrong with the transmission.  It's going back on the lot, yada yada.

Well, had you run the first car a little longer and tested it, you would have known it was Shit.  Why were the hoses loose on the second?  I don't trust the mechanic anymore.  Someone else can have the headache.  I only possess a shred of decency, and a modicum of trust.  It's been abused.

And, bugger y'all too. "I'm already looking elsewhere."  The fact I was home and my parents were handling it notwithstanding.

Anyhoo, my parents got me a car.  They were able to walk away with no money down.  It's under their name, but I have to pay for it.  They transferred the insurance on it, again (we're all on the same policy).  I'd paid in advance for the Highlander, which had to have been transferred again.  Mom and I went to the tax accessor's office with my tag and we got it on the new car and finally it's been settled.

It's a 2017 Nissan Altima, with an extended warranty and low mileage.  They love it.  I love it.  I've moved into it, meaning my dragon folding knife (it has a seat belt cutter and window breaker, also, I've grown used to having a box blade at work, and it just seems I always need a knife for something), my CDs, and my phone charger.  I've hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth...

I have to get a better job.

TL; DR:  I wasted $2000, and Daddy had to Fix It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.