Tabs

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Airbags

I'm a car accident veteran/survivor.

May 9, 2008, my best buddy and I were on our way home from SHE-Event (A Rebecca St. James concert-type thing) when Amanda swerved.  We were going all over the road and finally, we jerk to a stop.

Yes, I thought.  Now we can get out of here and go home.

Bam!  The airbag deploys and my glasses break.

Oh crap, we wrecked.  Then I see the pole in front of us.

November 20, 2008, two years ago today, Amanda and I were on our way to school.  It was Thursday, and I was wearing my chapel uniform.  I hated chapel, which is why I remember it, probably.

Amanda swerves off the road and slams on the breaks.  We flip multiple times. 

We're gonna die!  We're gonna die!  I don't remember, however, if it was me screaming or her.  Somewhere at the back of my mind registered that it was kind of fun.  If I didn't think I was about to die, anyway.

The car stopped between two poles.  How we missed is a miracle.

It's kind of funny though.  Statistics show that you're more likely to get into a car accident if you're listening to country.  We were listening to Taylor Swift's Fearless album.  It had just come out.

People stress the importance of seatbelts.  If we hadn't been wearing ours, we probably wouldn't have survived.

At least my air bag deployed and was already deflated by the time we stopped rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.