Tabs

Monday, March 19, 2012

Um...

Mom's been letting me drive back and forth to the college.  It's seven miles down the road, and really not that far, but it's a start.  And it's only when Dad's home.

Today was the fourth or fifth.  Anyway, the first time, I was so excited.

Kids can't drive their moms around.  At least, not around these here parts.

So, I cranked up the radio and took off, relishing being alone in a car with my newfound sort of freedom.  I made it to the college safely, I parked okay.  Nothing bad happened.  I keep a Bible in my car, sort of for good luck.  Especially considering my car's name is Christine and she does misbehave from time to time. (That's a whole other blog post.)

I dug in my backpack to discover I had forgotten my license at home.

All that hype deflated for a moment.  I texted my mom and sister to tell them I had arrived safely.  I didn't tell them about the license thing.

But I told everyone else.  And yes, we all got a kick out of it.  My first day of freedom, and I forget my ID.  How smart of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.