Tabs

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some More Writing Comments

Last night, I printed out 75 pages of the unfinished novel I'm working on.  I re-read over it once, noticing all what was wrong with and enjoying the parts that were good.  Now, I'm reading it over again, this time with a pen in hand.

It can be incredibly depressing, some of the things I've written that I know aren't good.  And then there are the few good parts in there that remind me why I write anyway.  There is always something good.

I've been told I have talent.  Talent without discipline is very bad.  I lack a considerable amount of discipline.  I tend to write what I wish, with an attempted plot or angles, and however it comes out, it comes out.

Also, when I do try to plan, I never follow it.  That's lack of discipline at its worst.

Writing isn't something to be entered into lightly.  But it is something that there are plenty of different approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.