Tabs

Friday, April 6, 2012

About My Reading...

This year, I've read...

15 historical romances
4 contemporary romances
8 children's/teen/YA
2 mysteries (both Stephanie Plum)
2 nonfiction
2 classics (Tartuffe and Candide for World Lit II)

That equal 33?  It should.

I've been on a romance reading binge this year.  I don't know how I feel about it.

Well, I know exactly how I feel about it.  I'm upset and disappointed in myself.

I thought I was a fantasy fan (well, romance is glorified fantasy, but do romance and fantasy writers really share fanbases?).  I mean, I still love my fantasy books, but the ones I've cracked this year I still have bookmarked, unless they were children's.

Shouldn't an aspiring fantasy writer read...well, fantasy?  Like with dragons?  And magic?  And swords and people killing people violently?  Well, I did read that in the children's books, but shouldn't I be moving up to adult books?

Or, I can be happy and read what I want and not worry about how it looks.  Besides, I didn't read when they would have been age appropriate, so really, I'm just catching up.  And the romances are in my reading level.

So, technically, with mixing my medicines, so to speak (because books are medicine), I'm getting my recommended dose of adult fantasy.

Everything's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.