Tabs

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just Write

For someone who's not participating in NaNoWriMo, I've been doing a lot of writing.  I'd even be on schedule if I was.

It's a total load of crap, but I'm finding crap is better than nothing.  Lately, when writing, I've stopped trying to make it sound good.  I'm just making it.  You know the advice, "Just write the damned book"?

Yeah, I'm trying that method.  This is my ten thousandth draft of this story.  You'd think I'd care about things like word choice and pacing.

Nope.  I'm still treating it like a first draft.

There's this other story I'm working on.  I'd been sitting on the idea for several months.  Last month, I think, I finally wrote down a first draft. It's a short story.  Hand wrote.  In purple ink.  Full story.

When trying to rewrite, I couldn't make an alternate beginning stick.  So, I went back to my original idea.  I'm back in the composition book, with my purple pen.

I'm just writing the dang book (books?) and it feels pretty dang good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.