Tabs

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One of Those Moments

Lacey invited me to her youth group, and I went ahead.  1, because Lacey's Pentecostal and I like visiting different denominations.  2, so Mom would get off my back.


Talk about seeing a bunch of crazy  people, jumping and singing and dancing.  They pray REALLY loudly and A LOT both in tongues and in English.  The message was WAY short and the praying was really long.


I liked it.


At one point, Lacey asked me if I was freaked out.  I told her no.   As we were leaving, she asked me again.  I said, anything short of falling down isn't going to faze me.


Lacey:  So that's your limit.  As long as nobody falls down.


Me:  (oops, didn't say that right) No, falling down is good too.  They did that at the Full Gospel church.  Now, when someone's pulls out snakes... [because some Pentecostals do that]


Lacey: They do that up in the mountains.  If they did that here, I'd leave.


(not word for word, but close enough)


I told Lacey, If I hadn't been a visitor, I'd've been jumping and dancing along too.


She then said that usually she got into it, but she didn't want to freak me out, she kept her zeal in.


I told Lacey, if she had done anytihng, I would have.  Because I didn't want to do any of that and freak her out.


D'OH!!


Lacey and I discuss religion a bit, but we'd never attended a service together, and that's even knowing each other, knowing the other was a Christian, since 8th grade.  We're college sophomores now.


Worship is such a person-to-person thing though.  What's okay for one person may make another uncomfortable.


As we proved tonight.


And this is the song by the way.  You can't help but want to dance and jump along with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.