Tabs

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Last-First Day: Thoughts

I started classes today.  I only had two.

World Lit II and American History II.

So far, so good.

I dropped one of my classes, Art for Elementary Teachers.  It was a Tuesday-Thursday course.  I got into Theatre Appreciation, online.

I may as well take classes I'm interested in, or I can at least pass with little difficulty.  If my mom has her way, I won't go beyond this. Still, for the times I listened to my mom about important things like this, I usually wind up regretting it and wishing I hadn't.

I made my own decision and switched courses without discussing it with anyone, except I mentioned it to Lacey.

I'll probably change my major from English too while I'm at it. 

I want to be a writer.  Point blank.  However, that doesn't pay very well--if I ever get paid at all.

I talked with my mother about going into culinary arts.  One of the colleges I'm interested in transferring to has an excellent culinary program. One of their specialties, actually.  All new kitchens.  Nice PTK scholarships...

She said I needed a fallback.

I told her the whole college thing was my fallback.  That was the whole point of my attending. 

"Oh."

Actually, the idea of becoming a chef, maybe minoring in business, and starting up my own place, doesn't scare me half as much as the thought of becoming a teacher did.  I've entertained that idea, and I like it a little more.


Heck, I like it a lot more.

I spent a great deal of time in the library today.  It's my happy place.  That's going to be the big thing I'm going to miss when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.