Tabs

Monday, January 9, 2012

Shelved

Remember the story I've been working on since 2005?  The story I can't seem to figure out how I want it?  The story that got me writing in the first place?


I haven't the slightest idea what to do with it.  Not anymore.  The characters have changed (grew up with me a bit, in fact) and so have I.


It hasn't been quite a year since I finished it the last time, so I'm not so worried.  I've been writing a lot of other things so it's been left to flounder on its own.


When I came back to it not long ago, I thought I'd be able to work on it better.


Nope.  I'm just more confused.  I have a lot of ideas for it.  I know there are some things I want in there no matter what, but beyond that...


I'm in Editing Hell for the moment anyway.  I'm rewriting that second honeymoon piece.  Not to mention I want to revise another story or two.


I'm going to let the idea sit and simmer for a little while longer.  If I need something new to work on, I'll try to finish that other fairy story I started and then quit.  I kept all the parts of it, it's just a matter of finishing it.


I hate not knowing how/what I'm going to write with this.  It breaks my heart.  This is the story that got me writing.  Well, it helped me figure out that I wanted to be a writer and that I loved writing.  This is The One.


Actually, what I probably need to do is actually write down what the story will be, like take notes and stuff for it, and then try to rewrite it.  I can't write when I don't know what I'm writing.  I have to at the very least have an idea, otherwise, bad things happen.  Like me shelving the idea, bad things.


Now, on to working on that other story that's wanting my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.