Tabs

Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Loves: Books

In celebration of Valentine's Day, even though I'm single, today and tomorrow, I'm going to post 14 of my loves. Today, it'll be romances. So, without further ado:

14: The Perfect Blend by Allie Pleiter.  Christian contemporary.  See, I do like some Christian fiction, and this one's even a Love Inspired.

13.  Keeper of the Light by Janeen O'Kerry. Celtic, medieval, magic.

12.  Everlasting by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Medieval.

11.  What a Lady Wants (Last Man Standing #2) by Victoria Alexander.  Victorian.  You'll be seeing her again.  They say reformed rake makes best husband.  Nigel Cavendish was in dire need of reforming.

10.  Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist.  Christian historical.

9.  Beauty and the Baron by Deborah Hale.  Regency.  I read her fantasy books and loved those.  Checked out her others and loved this one!

8.  Her Highness, My Wife (Effington #5) by Victoria Alexander.  Regency. The title alone made me want to read it.  "Fifteen months, three weeks, and four days."

7.  Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist.  Christian historical.

6.  The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne Gist.  Christian historical.  My all-time favorite of Gist's.

5.  Miss Lacey's Last Fling by Candice Hern.  Regency.  This is the only one I don't have a print copy of.  It's on my Kindle.

4.  The Pursuit of Marriage (Effington #8) by Victoria Alexander.  Um, 1821.  Still considered Regency, I think.  I love this book.

3.  A Visit from Sir Nicholas (Effington #9) by Victoria Alexander.  Victorian.  Warm up for Christmas!

2.  The Wedding Bargain (Effington #1) by Victoria Alexander.  Regency.  Best.  Season.  Ever.  Pandora Effington was my first romance role model.

"You, my lord, are a rake and a rogue.  A scoundrel.  In short, sir, you are a beast."

1.  The Marriage Lesson (Effington #3) by Victoria Alexander.  Regency.  The hero and heroine are both writers.  Thomas writes bad poetry and Marianne secretly writes for the newspaper.  The Absolutely True Adventures of a Country Miss in London.  She became my other romance role model.  I want to be her!

Goodreads


"For good or ill the night has led us on this grave adventure.
With one so fair, the stars do pale in jealousy and censure.
Her hair gleams gold, her eyes glow brown with laughter and with life.
But stubborn wench, this country miss, will naught be any man's wife.
He taught her well, she taught him more, still love was never mentioned.
Till he found truth within his heart.  Tis called the marriage lesson."

Because guys who write bad poetry are so endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.