Tabs

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This has no business being so hard.

I still haven't made a decision.

I typed "best jobs for bookworms" in Google.  Found some interesting stuff, but nothing I necessarily want to do, except a librarian, but that's not exactly a safe field to go into.  People don't read here.  At least, not where I'm at.

There's a lot of stuff I'm interested in.  History, Enlightenment-era Literature, Psychology, Religion, Cooking, Art, Music, Philosopy...

...all things that I can just buy books about and skip the courses.  I need something that'll get a job.  That pays well.  That will support my writing and book habit.

Maybe I should just go back to being an English major and be a teacher.  *shudder*  I could teach kids that reading's good for them.  And require they read Candide.  *it's good to dream about making a difference, but I wonder if I can actually do that with the stupidity in the educational system*

I guess it's because I have choices.  My mom told me I could be anything I wanted, that pays the bills.  I believe her, to an extent.  I have the head for a lot of things, but not the heart for them.

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.