Tabs

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Give Up.

I tried.  I really, really tried.

I don't care whose name is on the cover!  There'll be no getting through that book.  This is my second attempt at reading it (and I've never taken a second attempt at any book, I don't go beyond first impressions with books).

It's really sad, because I have all of the books in this series and I can't get past the first one.  The premise is really interesting.

I just can't.  I'm not connecting with this book at all, and I hate that.  I hate even worse that I'm reading two more books by this author (okay, I have bookmarked), and I'm actually interested in both of them (Insomnia and 11/22/63).

I hate when I do this.  But it must be done.

Edit:  For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, it's The Gunslinger.  Screw New Year's Resolutions.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I've done this a few times lately. And I always feel a little bit guilty when I can't finish a book. But, I simply do not have the time to read something I'm not interested in. There are other books out there.

    ReplyDelete

No profanity.