Tabs

Monday, October 29, 2012

Last Night's Once Upon a Time

I've been following the series since it's pilot.  (Well, I missed the premiere, but I Hulu'd Episode 1 the very next day.)  Since then, I've been a pretty faithful viewer.

The creators of Once Upon a Time know their stuff.  I almost wish I watched Lost, since it's the same people.

Last night's episode left me a little...I don't know.  I liked it.  I love the show and what it's become.  However...  The episode felt crowded.  There was too much going on at one time.

Things I Like About Once Upon a Time:

1 - It's fairy tales, duh!
2 - Rumpelstiltskin.  I want to say, oh he's a supervillain, but he's not so easy to peg down.  Rumpel rules the show.
3 - The rest of the cast.  Even the real villain, Regina, is pretty sympathetic.
4 - Emma's facial expressions.  I'm serious.


Things I Want to See in Once Upon a Time:

1 - Who Henry's father is (which we're supposed to find out)
2 - What happened to August?  I know he turned back into Pinocchio, but where is he now?
3 - I know Mary Margaret/Snow and Emma are supposed to be in "their land" for a while, but the Charming-Snow soap opera is getting old.  Resolve, please.  Move on.  There's always Rumpel and Belle to torture.  What about Ruby and Granny?  Please.  The dwarves and their fairy dust.
4 - For them to put in some Andersen fairy tales.  
  • "The Little Mermaid"--they already bought the rights from Disney to copy their usage of fairy tales and they may as well fix the mess Disney made of that one.  (The dwarves aren't named in the original fairy tale.  They had to buy the rights to use those names.  Same with Gaston and Phillip.)
  • "The Real Princess" or "The Princess and the Pea"--depending on your translation.
  • "Thumbelina" --just for fun.
  • "The Ugly Duckling" --Emma's last name is Swan.  Hint hint.  Actually, come to think of it, the whole story could be the ugly duckling story.  Emma's taken away from her family, raised by not-her-people, grows into her metaphorical feathers, etc.
  • "The Snow Queen" --dare I hope?  Although, since there's two adaptations coming out, Once may put it's own spin on it.
Anyway.  As much as I would like to say, I'm not big on TV and I don't follow many shows, that's not entirely true.  Still, it's the only thing I'm following faithfully at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.