Tabs

Monday, December 31, 2012

My Year in Books

I've read 150 books/stories this year.  The stats are as follows:

Length
Long/Medium:  140
Short: 10

Format
Kindle/eBook:  68
Print:  82

Most Read Genre:  Historical Romance, specifically Regency-era.

Other Genres:  Contemporary romance, paranormal romance, fantasy, children's/YA, children's/Ya fantasy, 1 literary, cozy mysteries, and some nonfiction

Longest Book:  Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks (720 pages), Fantasy, excellent conclusion to NIGHT ANGEL

Favortie Books of the Year (In relative order of which I read them)
Candide by Voltaire
Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour
A Matter of Magic (Mairelon the Magician The Magician's Ward) by Patricia C. Wrede 
The Black Duke's Prize by Suzanne Enoch
A Garden Folly by Candice Hern
Her Scandalous Affair by Candice Hern
My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond
My Royal Pain Quest by Laura Lond
Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn
4 of the Cynsters (Devil's Bride, A Rake's Vow, A Secret Love, & All About Love) by Stephanie Laurens
The Fallen Blade novels:  Broken Blade, Bared Blade, Crossed Blades by Kelly McCullough
Savage Cinderella by PJ Sharon
Taming an Impossible Rogue by Suzanne Enoch
The Blacksmith's Son by Michael G. Manning
Bah, Humbug by Heather Horrocks

Repeat Favorite Authors:
Stephen R. Lawhead (The Spirit Well)
Victoria Alexander (What Happens at Christmas)
Lloyd Alexander (The Kestrel & The Beggar Queen)

And let's not forget all the Moliere plays and I did read finish Pride and Prejudice.  Oh yeah, and I managed As You Like It.

Pretty decent, I think.

Happy New Year's Eve.  May the books be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.