Tabs

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

On a Brighter Note...

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
-Frank Zappa

I took my last final today.  I probably flunked it, but I don't care.  I know I passed the other one.  All I need is the one credit to graduate.

Now that I am done with college, at least for now, I am going to be totally honest.

I love learning.  I hate school.  I liked college, because it was new and shiny, but when the glitter wore off, it was just like high school all over again.  Except I wasn't the smartest in the class.  I didn't make any friends.  I didn't make any connections.  I just went to class everyday.

Not my smartest moves, but when I jumped off the deep end, I jumped pretty far.

So, now I'm left with the dreaded job hunt.  Still, an Associate's looks better than a High School diploma

College was starting to interfere with my education, I've said before.  Perhaps not here, but on other social medias.

Earlier this year, I read Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour.  He stressed the importance of his reading, but this man also traveled, worked all sorts of jobs, and even did a stint in the military.  He hiked across the desert.  Worked on boats.

And it was all part of his education.  I wish we still lived in that world.  But his world and the world I'm stuck in are two completely different worlds.

Few things sicken me more.  Education was good, but it wasn't everything.  And now, there's a more pressing need for experience.  Of which I have none.

Oh wait, this was supposed to be full of good news.

I've read 124 books this year!  That's good news right?  That's 24 more than last year, and 64 more than the year before. At least, I think it was 60 or so back in 2010.  Or was it 80?  Anyway, it's steadily grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.