Tabs

Sunday, February 16, 2014

And Suddenly...

“You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.”
― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

The Valentine's Day hype is gone.  I'm okay.  It's all over.

On a whim, my sister (who's living back with us) and I went to a bar Friday night.

That was a waste of a Friday night, I might add.

::cue British accent::

I could've been in bed with a hot cuppa and either a book or some re-runs of Sherlock.

::end British accent:: 

As it was, while my sister was flirting with the guy she'd planned to meet (thanks for making me the third wheel, sis), I people watched and downloaded a book on my Nook app on my phone and started reading.  It was a nice bar, though.  I'd go again.  Just not with my sister.  She got sloppy drunk, and I almost left her there.  I was aggravated about being made the third wheel.  Her scumbag could've brought her home--if he didn't murder her in a back alley first.  Anyway, I DID bring her home.  However, when I got home, I couldn't get her up.

So, I left her in my car, went inside, showered, and went to bed.

For future reference:  NEVER ask me to be your designated driver if you are a stupid drunk.  Still, lesson learned.

And now the next heavily commercialized holiday to prepare for is Easter!  Easter.  Easter.  Easter.  My favorite holiday.  Why?

Because I don't complain about it.  I always have or try to have something to write.

Easter.  Easter.  Easter.

Hollow chocolate bunnies.
Chocolate.  The GOOD chocolate.
Jesus stuff.
Sweet stuff.
Writing stuff.
I want to go to Crete one year for Easter.

I might actually get my godkids something.  I don't have to, and I may not, but it's not looked at askance in the wider family to give gifts on Easter, especially where godkids are concerned.

Easter.  Easter.  Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.