Tabs

Saturday, February 1, 2014

January in Review

Books Read:  10
Books on the Currently Reading Shelf on Goodreads:  9
Days I Wrote Productively:  19 days
Approximate Word Count:  ~17,425 trackable, whether the word count was on my calendar, or I just put the blogposts in Word and word-counted those there.

Also, I began keeping track of how many books and how much money I spend in a calendar year as a NYR.  That, however, I will share at the end of the year, if I remember to post it.  And if I can bring myself to post what THOSE numbers will be.

Book List:


  • The Philadelphia Adventure by Lloyd Alexander, children's novel, 5 stars 
  • The Xanadu Adventure by Lloyd Alexander, children's novel, 5 stars
    • I finished the Vesper Holly books.  ::Tear::
  • Dresden Files:  Ghoul Goblin by Jim Butcher, graphic novel, fantasy, 4 stars
    • My first graphic novel.  In hindsight, I remember loving it.  Um, why'd I drop a star?  Wasn't my usual medium or something?
  • "The Blackwood" by Wayne Thomas Batson, children's short story, 5 stars
    • See HERE...if you're too lazy to click, it's awesome.
  • Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder, fantasy novel, 4 stars
    • End of the series.  Good, I was ready for it to be over.  More Study books now, please!
  • A Tale of Two Dragons by G. A. Aiken, high fantasy/smut romance/novella, 4 stars
    • Don't judge me.  Romance AND dragons?  Sign me up!
  • Wanted:  Wife by Gwen Jones, contemporary romance, 3 stars
    • Eh, reminds me why I stick to historical.
  • A Matter of Class by Mary Balogh, historical/regency romance, 4 stars
    • The most brilliant or the most insane romance I've ever had the experience of reading.
  • The Bride Thief by Jacquie D'Alessandro, historical/regency romance, 4 stars
    • My first full-length for this author, although I was first exposed to her in It Happened One Season.  CUTE!
  • Love and Other Scandals by Caroline Linden, historical romance, 3 stars
    • Okay, but reminds me why I hardly ever branch out of my brand name romance authors.


Over all, I must love children's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.