Tabs

Friday, September 3, 2010

Pulling a Naren

My protagonist Naren Aerys (pronounced NAR - IN AIR - EES) is very straight-forward.  He'll talk, but he usually says what he needs to and just shuts up.  And if he doesn't feel like saying anything, he won't.  It is with very great effort that he carries a conversation.

I haven't been working on that story lately.  And there's another story as well that I haven't been working on that I need to be.

Writing.Com, of which I have been an active member for three years, celebrated its tenth birthday September 1st.  The website is having all sorts of contests, giveaways, and other stuff to party up this significant occasion.

I am participating in two contests, both of which change daily.  I usually don't do that.  I may have won one writing contest, and that was because nobody else entered.  Unpleasant...

I am making myself write and participate.  Out of the four stories I've written, there's only been one that I thought even had a chance of winning.  I have till 11:59 Eastern Time to turn out two more stories.

I know it must be really weird for me to be forcing myself.  But I've decided that I want to be a writer and I want to be it full time.  I HAVE to write.  Even when I don't feel like it.  Even when it doesn't seem like I should be writing.

I'm pulling a Naren.  With great effort, I am turning out some words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.