Tabs

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lunch, Personal Ads, and a Car Wash

Lacey and I usually leave campus for lunch.  Today, we really didn't know what to do.  Brilliant, Writer BFF suggests we go to the car wash.

For college students, we are kind of lame.  We laugh at mostly clean jokes and aren't wild or crazy on Saturday nights.  But that's okay.  We're responsible, matu--well, really responsible, good Christian gals.

Well, on the way to the car wash, Lacey mentioned she had responded to a personal ad and that she was meeting him today.

So, agonizingly lonely person that I can be, I started considering, jokingly, what I would ever put in a personal ad if I was ever brave enough or pathetic enough to put one in the paper.

"Lonely writer seeks companion."

 Not telling at all.  Then I added, "Height:  5'3.  Weight:  *hesitating* More to love."

Lacey added on, "Preferably male."

I laughed.  That too.

So, "Lonely writer seeks companion.  Preferably male.  Height is 5'3.  Brown hair and eyes.  Blind."

When I said 'blind,' my first thought was, "Oh man, someone's gonna take that seriously and think I really can't see."  I am blind, but I wear corrective lenses.  It sucks and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy--on second thought, maybe I would.

Lace and I had a lot of fun today.  After the car wash, we went to WalMart and Fred's.

Yeah, college girls gone wild.  LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Ok sorry but I'm just now getting to read this, oh yes how wild we are lol hilarious! We need another day like this :D

    ReplyDelete

No profanity.