Tabs

Friday, December 10, 2010

Edit Throughs, Read Throughs, Write Throughs

So, I write a book.  I print out my book.  I take a pencil to it and mark the stuff I don't like.  I take the notes I made in the printed copy to the digital copy on my computer.  And once this process is over, it repeats from the printing step.

Okay, so I've done this for the second time now.  Combing through the story with a pencil (I HATE pens--they're so permanent) and make notes about what should be changed.

I decided to add a new exchange (something I could just insert into a scene after a certain occurrence), and a new scene entirely.  I've accomplished the former.  This new scene, while I know what I want it to accomplish, is difficult writing.  I've started some drafts on it, but it's not coming.

Okay, I've been hard at work editing Black Sight.  While I've taken out bits and rewritten them, I haven't written anything new, reallyEven the other novel on the back burner is a re-write from NaNoWriMo two years ago.  I just can't seem to wrap my head around the story.  I like the characters, and my idea for a plot is okay, but the actual writing...

Can we say, "Start over for the seemingly hundredth time?"

I think it's time to curl up with a book.  Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.