Tabs

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pre-Year End Thoughts

I can't believe 2010 just flew by like it did.  I have 2 more days left, so I won't say a number of the books I've read for 2010.  I gotta try squeezing in more.

My writing progress...well...I wrote.  I really don't know if I did good or bad.  I only did one book draft, and I'm still nitpicking at it.  BUT, I did a lot of VPs, poetry, and short stories.  I told you I was nicheless, and I'm glad I'm living up to that.  I submitted something for publication.  Now, I'm sitting on my hands waiting for a reply.

I doubt I've lost weight--if anything, I've gained. 

I started out the year reading my Bible everyday, but not so much now.  I've realized, though, that I do better reading something else, and then going back and checking my Bible.  You know how Christian nonfiction has verses in it?  Yup, that's where I learn 'em.
So, I think on my New Year's Resolutions for this year, I'll do my to-do list or something similar.

Even if I don't feel like it or don't know what to do, my daily activities SHOULD, although they won't be, reading, writing, and reading my Bible, and yes, reading my Bible does count for reading for that day.  Reading is reading.

I have an isssue with reading my Bible.  Everytime I read a little, I want to write about it.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's distracting when I'm trying to read more.

Reading normally, well, I don't have problems with reading everyday.  My problem with that is, well, I start reading certain books and never finish them.  Others, I read in a night ot two.  I need to finish reading several books that I've bad bookmarks in, literally, for years.  I still have some from this year that I started and never finished, but I doubt I'll finish them all before 11:59, December 31, 2010.  And then the log starts over!

Writing, well....  I'll try.  Lately, if I haven't felt like writing, I haven't.  I contemplated rewriting the first fifteen pages of Black Sight, but I don't want to.  I'm going to fix the documents in the computer and go from there.
So, here we are.  How this year, sort of went, to how I want next year to be.

Oh yeah, some benchmarks for 2010:
Senior Trip
Graduation
I read my first Stephen King books this year
Something made it into the mail for publication
I started college
I started Long Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.