Tabs

Monday, October 24, 2011

Plots and Plans

“Writing isn't about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it's about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It's about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.” ― Stephen King, On Writing

That is by far one of my favorite writing quotes.

Getting up, getting well, getting over. Getting happy!

I wrote a Vent Piece a few nights ago. Since I started the blog, the VP has become pretty much an obsolete thing. Well, after I started writing more on the blog...

I wanted to get my feelings right, and it was too personal for the blog, but I wanted to sit at my computer and type. Something about a WordPad doc open with the title size 14, the date and my name in size 12, and then my opening line... The stark familiarity of what my Vent Pieces were. Familar and lovable, and the blank page is always listening.

Yeah, that's where it was. That's where it is.

I got a bunch of stuff to do before NaNoWriMo, and quite frankly, I'm looking forward to the craziness of it. If it's important, you make time for it.

So, no reading too many books during NaNoWriMo. Sleep will be cut back on. No Facebook, Twitter, maybe no blogging...

Maybe I should just disconnect my computer from the Internet during November. I mean, it's not like I can't Google stuff up on my phone. And I can play on the Internet between classes because NaNo is strictly an at-home-on-my-PC type thing. Although with Zoho and Google Docs maybe I can do a few things between classes...

And besides, I won't have to do THAT much research. Remember the paper I'm doing on "The Traveling Companion"? If I ever did a fairy tale retelling, that's the one I want to do.

That's the one I want to do for NaNoWriMo this year. I've already done some of the plotting because I've been wanting to do it for a while.

Now, I have an excuse to start it and, more importantly, finish it.

source
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.