Tabs

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Incredible Like

Today's my philosophical day:

Like is so beautiful.  You either completely hate or completely love someone/thing.  But like is a fickle creature.  It doesn't always have to be there. 

Take family for instance.  There are days when you can't stand your mom and can't wait to move out.  Other days, she buys you something you've been wanting and suddenly she's awesome.

I live at my brother's beck and call.  I adore him, but that doesn't mean I always want to be around him.  There are days when I lock him out of my room.  There are other days when I'll YouTube a video for the two of us to watch.

Like is conditional.  It's a sometimes thing.  It's selfish, because like is about you.  It/that person did something for you.  It's convenient for you.  It soothes your ruffled feathers.

Love and hate, if they're true, are consistent.  Like is anything but.  It's human.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.