Tabs

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 4 of the Ragamuffin Gospel

I missed Week 3 and I didn't want to post Week 2--not anything really to say.

Week 4-We were still on Chapter 3.  We talked about children and why we have to become like them to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  In this day and age, we tend to place childhood on a pedestal.

In Biblical times, when Jesus walked upon the earth, children weren't important.  But Jesus cradled each one and prayed over them.  Children don't inherit the Kingdom because they are innocent or goodliness.  They haven't done anything to merit eternal salvation.  If the gospel of grace is presented to them, they can only accept it as a gift.  They can't earn it or merit it.

This study is so exciting.  Nest week is Chapter 4:  Tilted Halos.  We got a little into it today so hopefully, we'll go into my favorite chapter, 5:  Cormorants and Kittiwakes.  My favorite author, Stephen R. Lawhead, specialized in Celtic myth.  Mr. Manning talks about the Celtic church.  It was actually something I knew a little about!

"My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it."
— Brennan Manning (The Ragamuffin Gospel)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.