Tabs

Sunday, January 2, 2011

More Ragamuffin Madness!

Yup, the Ragamuffin study started today.  Last night, I just picked a few songs from my MP3 player for a soundtrack type thing.  Of course, it was mostly Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffin Band.  It also included "Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin, and "The Altar" by Ray Boltz.  It's not perfect, but it's good for now.

"Oh How He Loves Us" *shudder* would have been great, but I dislike *coughhatecough* that song, and I don't have it and don't want to get it.

"More" by Matthew West would've been good, also, "One That I Pursue," by Vicki Yohe.

I have to admit, I was worried about the group's reaction to the book.  The group is from a Methodist Church.  Mr. Manning is Catholic.  While he's not preaching Catholic faith, it's still...well...

Also, Mr. Manning quotes a lot of people.  I don't know if he does it more than he quotes Scripture, but again, I worried they would find a problem with it.

My worries were so unfounded!  They love it.  The talk today was great and, since it's so seldom--if ever--that I get to talk about a book I've read with other people.  This is an awesome book, and I love listening to--because it's hard to get a word in--the discussions.

Week 1 went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.