Tabs

Friday, December 16, 2011

Bright Empires--So Far

So, I read The Skin Map last year.  I just finished reading The Bone House today.  I started it back in September.

Yes, Stephen R. Lawhead is my favorite author BUT his books do usually take me a while.  Don't be alarmed, this is normal.

So, his new series is BRIGHT EMPIRES.  King Raven was an awesome series, and although I had my reservations about this series, because I'm not big into time/dimension travel, I do love this series too.

But then, look who's writing it...

So, because works speak for themselves, I pulled two videos from YouTube.

Check it out:






Roller coaster?  Wow factor?  Yes, I do believe he has succeeded.  When I was done reading the first one, trying not to scream in agony at the cut-off ending, that we have to wait another year for the rest of the story, I was really excited about what I was getting into.

The Bone House ends much better than The Skin Map did, to my mind.  The ending, while still cut-off and annoying, was still very satisfying.

I can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.