Tabs

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Year End Scramble

There are four days left of this year.


I still have 10 books on my currently reading shelf.


Believe me, it's not that I don't want to finish all of the books, but I doubt I will.  All the books I have bookmarks in are the types of books that take me forever.  They'll all probably get good ratings because if there was something I didn't like about them when I first started them, chances are, I won't remember it by the time I get to the end.


And we know how I am about endings.  If the ending's good, all is forgiven (or mostly).  If it ends wrong, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the book was, it'll get a one-star.


I took a break from the books I had.  On Christmas Day, I started a Candice Hern romance (it was calling to me), and then yesterday, the new High Heels Mystery came out, so I read it in a few hours, and then went back to the Candice Hern, and finished it.


But that still leaves me with 10 books on my shelf.  4 on my Kindle, 2 hardbacks, 3 mass market paperbacks, and 1 trade paperback.


2 of them, I want to quit.  One of them, I probably shouldn't have started right away.  But it was just sitting there, "Jadi, Jadi, read me, read me."


I don't make it a habit to buy authors I haven't read before off Amazon.  I usually get those for my Kindle, after I've read excerpts from Amazon and reviews from Goodreads.


This was one of those books by an author I hadn't read before.  I'd read an excerpt, but it was cheaper to buy a used hardback in great condition than to buy the Kindle format.  So that's what I did.


I've read Chapter 1, and am SO about to shelve it.  I don't want to get rid of it, but I don't want to read it at the moment.  Who knows though?


I know last year, I posted a favorite book of the year.  I honestly don't know what it was this year.  I mean, I've read so many...


We'll see, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.