Tabs

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas...

We wish you a merry Christmas.
We wish you a merry Christmas.
We wish you a merry Christmas.
And a happy new year!

We're spending Christmas with my mom's mom.  Something about Christmas at Maw Maw's...  

Quite frankly, it doesn't feel like Christmas.  Dad told Mom they're just buying for their kids (me, my siblings), the grandkids, my grandmas, and like two friends.  So, we did very little running around this season.

And it was great.  I keep telling Mom we need to skip Christmas and just go on vacation.

I mean, there was so little stress.  I feel bad for all the other people that were running around for gifts for people who may not even appreciate them or get rid of them discreetly a few months later anyway. O.o

Yeah, I'm a real Grinchy Scrooge.  Although, I think I said earlier this year, that I think I like Easter more.

Christmas, a time of peace and goodwill.  Like any holiday, my crazy family gets together and we joke about going to group therapy someday to drain all of the insanity.  We eat really good food (Cajun--yummy!).  Good food is heaven on earth.

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs, "All I Have to Give" by Todd Agnew:


And here's the singer talking about it, which really puts the song in perspective.



Merry Christmas.

“There has been only one Christmas -- the rest are anniversaries.” ― W. J. Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.