Tabs

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Best Lines

You know I love me some country music.  And some of those songs became my favorite for one small part.**  They aren't in any particular order, I promise.  Except the first two, because those are my absolute favorites.  As far as country music goes anyway.

"A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'"
-The Band Perry, "If I Die Young" (This is the longest one, I promise.  This one little snippet made me like the whole song.)

"Love can walk through fire without blinkin'"
-Alan Jackson, "Livin' on Love"

"I don't know the answers to my prayers
But I keep kneeling down like somebody's there"
-Danny Gokey, "I Still Believe"

"She's a child

She's a lady"
-Lady Antebellum, "Something About A Woman" (Sounds a little odd, but it really is a sweet song.)

"We fit just like a favorite pair of jeans"
-Lady Antebellum, "Love's Lookin' Good On You"


"But I can't decide the road you choose
That's up to you
I'm only Jesus"
-Tim McGraw, "I'm Only Jesus"



**One or two of these songs may be a remake from another songs, but whoever I put down, is who I heard sing it first.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.