Tabs

Monday, February 28, 2011

I Think This Is All of Them...

No, I don't think I'll be undertaking any new writing projects.  Quite frankly, I have enough ideas that I don't want to focus on a new one.  However, I have some books that have been on my "currently reading" shelf for long enough that need finishing.

As follows:

Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb, library book.  I forgot my book--any of them--at home one day from school.  I picked it up and started reading about two weeks ago.  I'm over halfway.  Fantasy.

Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet.  It had been on my unread shelf for years and started reading it.  Right now, I can't seem to find it.  I'm not quite halfway.  Christian Fantasy.

The Sword and the Miracle by Melvyn Bragg.  I started reading it when I first got it and didn't get very far, page 27, to be exact.  I haven't touched it in years.  Christian Historical Fiction

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.  I started reading it in either 9th or 10th grade.  I'm over halfway, but haven't touched it in years.  I got to the part about the Greek girl.  Classic

Chocolatherapy and Due to Rising Energy Costs, the Light at the End of the Tunnel Has Been Turned off by Karen Scalf Linamen.  Haven't touched them in years either.  Self-help. 

The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease.  Started it in ninth grade, hasn't been touched in years.  Historical Fiction.

The Conqueror by Georgette Heyer.  Started it in either 11th or 12th grade, hasn't been touched in over a year. Historical Fiction.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  Started it sometime over last summer, hasn't been touched in months.  Classic.

The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick.  Started it sometime in 12th grade, hasn't been touched in months.  Historical Fiction.

The Gunslinger by Stephen King.  Quit gasping!  Look, I only got 17 pages into the book and I don't have the rest of the series, so I don't want to get too far deep into it.  I started it sometime in 12th grade, hasn't been touched in months.  Dark Fantasy.

The Secret Country by Pamela Dean.  It's my Old Faithful.  Every now and then I got and read a few chapters of it.  Unlike the novel above, I have the rest of the series, so finishing it is no big deal.  I'm over halfway.  I started it in 12th grade, hasn't been touched in weeks.  Fantasy.

His Holiday Bride by Jillian Hart.  It's a Love Inspired, hasn't been touched in months.  Christian Romance.

Brionne and Bowdrie's Law by Louis L'Amour.  Bowdrie's Law is a collection of short stories--doesn't matter too too much.  Brionne--I started because I couldn't find Bowdrie's Law.  I started it on the Senior Trip.  Neither have been touched in months.  Law hasn't been touched in years.  Western.

Dragon's Dream by Mary Gilgannon.  Read the first book some years ago, started the second one on a whim, and here we are, hasn't been touched in weeks.  Historical Romance.

The River Knows by Amanda Quick.  I started it one or two days before New Year 2011, hasn't been touched since then....Not sure of the genre.

Dracula by Bram Stoker. Hasn't been touched in over a year, except maybe for me to look at the interesting cover.  Classic.

The Wizard's Ward by Deborah Hale.  It's a LUNA book, which is a division of Harlequin.  First in a series.  I just bought it this year.  Hasn't been touched in two-three weeks.  Fantasy with a pinch of Romance.

Unafraid by Francine Rivers.  It's the last book in Lineage of Grace, about Mary.  I started it back in like tenth grade, hasn't been touched in over a year.  Biblical Fiction...don't know if that's an accurate term...

Yesterday and Forever by Victoria Alexander.  QUIT LAUGHING!  Yes, Victoria Alexander is one of my brand names and I'm still reading a book by her.  Hasn't been touched in months.  Historical Romance.

Shelter of Hope by Lyn Cote.  Another Love Inspired.  Little by little, I'm weeding those out.  Hasn't been touched in months.  Christian Romance.

Bridal Veil by Cathy Marie Hake.  That's a Heartsong.  Hasn't been touched in weeks--started this year.   Christian Historical Romance.

The Innocent Man by John Grisham.  My brother got it for me for graduation.  I'm not very far and I already have an idea of how it'll end.  Since it's a true account, there's no dialogue, or barely any...  :-/  Nonfiction... :-P

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle.  Short stories about my favorite mythical hero, ROBIN HOOD!  Hasn't been touched in months.  Classic.

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine.  It is an interesting book, but anyway...  Hasn't been touched in weeks.  Children's Fantasy

Back on Murder by J. Mark Bertrand.  Hasn't been touched in months.  Mystery--never been good with those.

The Lord of the Rings Omnibus Edition by J. R. R. Tolkien.  LET ME EXPLAIN!!  I started the book in 6th grade for the Terra Nova Test.  Every now and then I go and read a chapter, but anyway...hasn't been touched in months.  Fantasy/Classic

Eternity's Edge by Bryan Davis.  Hasn't been touched in years.  Christian Fantasy YA.

Libyrinth by Pearl North.  I'll probably wind up giving this up.  I only bought it because Maria V. Snyder had a blurb on the cover.  It's interesting and all, but hasn't been touched in months, maybe over a year.  YA Fantasy.

The Hand That Bears the Sword by George Bryan Polivka.  Hasn't been touched in over a year.  Christian Fantasy.

Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede.  I just started it a few weeks ago.  I only red the first ten pages.  Since I'll probably read from the puppy ear and not restart, it made the list.  Wrede is an awesome author though.  Children's Fantasy

On top of all that, I began rereading The Iron Lance (Historical Fiction) by Stephen R. Lawhead and Dragon Prince (Fantasy) by Melanie Rawn.  The Iron Lance hasn't been touched in weeks.  Dragon Prince...well...I know I started re-reading it this year...I think.  :-/

I don't have a book problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.