Tabs

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Liars, Rogues, and Other Crooks We Love

Villians and anti-heroes run rampant!


Gru from Despicable Me

World's kind-of-sort-of best villian.  And yet, this is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

This man adopts three little girls to help him steal a shrink ray from an opposing villian.  The man gives the moon for these little girls.  Literally.




.
Megamind...from Megamind.

Unlike Gru, this guy is the world's worst villian, and I didn't find it matched up to Despicable Me.  But that's my opinion.

I saw this poster in the film, though, I absolutely loved it!  I'm not an Obama supporter, but I like the idea of making fun of the poster-type.

World's worst villian kills world's greatest hero.  He becomes Evil Overload, and then a new villian--that he makes--comes along, and then has to defeat another bad guy.  And then he becomes Mr. Hero.



Flynn Rider from Tangled











Who can forget the newest Disney...well, he's not a prince.  He's a thief.  Actually, it kind of surprised me.  This story follows a typical romance-book arc.  You know the one.  World-wise man + innocent girl that wants adventure + REAL adventure + love = happily ever after.  It was this close to being like a romance book.  That may be why I like this film so much...


Miguel and Tulio from The Road to El Dorado

They're conmen who get stowaway accidentally.  Not one of my favorite movies, but they make the list because a lot of people did like this movie.  These characters...are wild.



Don't act so suprised.  He's everybody's favorite pirate...or almost.
Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean

Everybody loves this guy it seems.  Like The Road to El Dorado, these aren't my favorite movies, but what are you gonna do?  If there's one guy that doesn't have a scrap of honor or decency, well, he's it.  And yet everyone loves him!  His badness is what makes him great.  'Course it helps when he's played by Johnny Depp...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.