Tabs

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Scene Syndrome

I started typing up Shiny New Idea.  I'm only about 3,000 words into the story, and the perfect, handwritten draft is a bad idea.  Real bad.  I don't wanna type 3,000 words, let alone 30-80,000 words.  No way, Jose.

Also, there was a scene/development that had been invading my mind for the past...say, three weeks.   I didn't want to just plop it in the notebook I was using.  So, once I got a decent part of Chapter 1 typed up, I jumped to the scene in a new Works doc.

I haven't had this happen in a while--not since my last Shiny New Idea that I decided to run with, which was a year and a half ago, about.

The other good thing about writing the recurring scene is that it stops and it doesn't distract me anymore.  The new scene does.

And the story goes on.

*As of now, this is my 100th post.  It's not the correct 100th post, because I've deleted some, so I never made it to 100 posts yet.   But now my dashboard will say I have 100 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.