Tabs

Saturday, March 5, 2011

111 Things About Me--Most of Which, You Should Know

It's not that I think people don't know me well enough.  I just wanna do one.

  1. I'm a hurricane baby, born a week after Andrew.
  2. I used to be able to name all the dinosaurs, according to my parents.
  3. My mom never bought us the Disney princess movies, except The Little Mermaid
  4. My favorite was Robin Hood. 
  5. I hate Toy Story.  The weird doll in the movie always scared me.
  6. Oliver & Company used to make me cry.  The beginning was just so sad and pitiful.
  7. I share my birthday with my younger cousin, and my little brother.
  8. My earliest memories of church were at a Jehovah's Witness church...
  9. ...although I was dedicated in a Baptist church.
  10. Currently, I attend an Assembly of God church, but go to a Methodist Sunday School.
  11. I was born in LA, and my family is from there.  (Yeah, I'm a Cajun!)
  12. It really annoys my mother when I call myself a Cajun.
  13. I'm more Native American than white, but I don't think people believe me.
  14. I moved to MS when I was 6.
  15. We have been here ever since.
  16. I love it.
  17. I don't like crab.
  18. I love crawfish.
  19. I am the fourth out of five children.
  20. I didn't learn "Jesus Love Me" until I was probably 6 or 7.
  21. The first songs I remember singing were by Mindy McCready ("Ten Thousand Angels," "Guys Do It All The Time," "All That I Am") and "Should've Been a Cowboy" by Toby Keith.
  22. I couldn't tie my sneakers until I was 6.
  23. My training wheels didn't come off until I was 7.
  24. I remember when SpongeBob first came on.
  25. I was a 90s kid.
  26. I watched a lot of Sailor Moon.  She was just the Bomb.
  27. I also had a lot of Sailor Moon toys.
  28. Yogi Bear - Favorite TV show on Boomerang
  29. Laff-A-Lympics - Other Favorite TV show on Boomerang
  30. My favorite color used to be pink.
  31. Since then, it's been blue, green, and purple.
  32. My make-up collection has two things of eye shadow.
  33. I never wear it.
  34. I've never been on a date.
  35. I've never had a real boyfriend.
  36. I've never been kissed.
  37. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a late bloomer.
  38. I still don't have my license--but my parents bought me a car.
  39. I've never had a real job.
  40. Looking at this list depresses me.
  41. I think if I ever went to therapy, my shrink would have a field day.
  42. I'm wishy-washy about a lot of things.
  43. At this moment, I don't ever ever want to have children.
  44. But I also know how I look at people who have never had children, so sometimes I do want children. 
  45. Preferably a girl, because right now, I'm stuck with a 5yr old brother and toddler-age nephews.
  46. But I know a girl would be a lot of trouble later in her life.
  47. I like goat milk.
  48. Actually, I love milk in general.
  49. I call my mom starting a farm her "mid life crisis."
  50. I tell her we need something that produces milk.  A cow or a goat.
  51. I have a lot of favorite candies.
  52. They include Hershey's Cookies n Cream, regular Hersheys, Reese's Peanut Buttercups, 3 Musketeers...
  53. I used to be afraid of the movie Fern Gully.
  54. Now, it doesn't bother me in the least.
  55. The 3 Musketeers is my favorite movie.
  56. Leap Year is my favorite Chick-Flick.
  57. Howl's Moving Castle.  'Nough said.
  58. Yes, I've read Twilight.
  59. I'm not a screamy fan girl over it, but I did like them...a little.  The last book disappointed me.
  60. If you want me to go screamy fan girl, make Stephen R. Lawhead's books into movies.  I'll be Team Bran, Merlin, Llew Silver Hand, Quentin, Team You-Name-It.
  61. Or, make Maria V. Snyder's books into movies:  Team Valek, baby!  He can kick both Edward Cullen and Jacob Black's butts!  Even if they teamed up.
  62. My favorite author, obviously, is Stephen R. Lawhead.
  63. My favorite series by him would be Dragon King Saga.  Not because he hasn't done better in his later books, but because it was the first series I read by him.
  64. Before Stephen R. Lawhead was my favorite author, it was Janette Oke.
  65. Before Janette Oke, it was Wendy Lawton.
  66. The Tinker's Daughter by Wendy Lawton was my first favorite book.
  67. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers replaced it.
  68. Nectar from a Stone by Jane Guill is now my all-time favorite novel.  Teams Gwydion & Thomas!  :D
  69. I've read this book either 6 or 7 times.
  70. The first Stephen King book I ever read was The Eyes of the Dragon.  It's another favorite.
  71. I'm a country music fanatic.
  72. Even if it's a song I don't like, but at least I know it, I can identify the song within the first few bars of music in the song.
  73. Often enough, I can like a song just for one line.
  74. I liked Lady Antebellum before they were cool (when "Need You Now" came out)
  75. My favorite love song ever is by singer-songwriter genius Toby Keith:  "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This"
  76. When I watched the video, however, I was embarrassed to be watching it--and I was alone.
  77. I clicked out of it.
  78. I like Big Time Rush. Their voices, their songs, the show.
  79. I want to be a songwriter.
  80. Actually, I want to be consdiered any type of writer.
  81. I write poetry.
  82. I write novels.
  83. I write fantasy.
  84. I've written a racy scene or two.
  85. I've attempted character-driven books.
  86. I was not successful in those attempts.
  87. I've written short stories.
  88. I've gotten two rejection letters so far.  Only 2998 more to go!
  89. My biggest writing dream is to have a book published by either Random House or HarperCollins.
  90. I would love to see my book turned into a movie--granted they stayed true to my book.
  91. I still watch some cartoons.
  92. I hate reality shows.
  93. I love sitcoms.
  94. I used to follow Robin Hood on BBC America.
  95. I cried when Robin Hood died in the last episode.
  96. I've never had anyone really close to me pass away.
  97. I'm wondering is you think there's something wrong with me yet.
  98. Or even if you're still reading.
  99. I like Hugh Jackman.
  100. I don't think Johnny Depp is the greatest thing that's ever happened.
  101. I'm a sucker for Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales.
  102. "The Snow Queen" is my favorite.
  103. "The Traveling Companion" is my second favorite."
  104. I find I've read more fairy tales the past two years than I have when I was actually young enough to believe them.
  105. Sometimes, I do believe them.
  106. Rich Mullins is my favorite Christian singer.
  107. My favorite songs by him are:  "Elijah," "Growing Young," "Both Feet on the Ground," "Cry the Name"  ...
  108. There are more, but I don't feel like listing them all.
  109. I didn't read much YA while I was in High School.  Now I find I'm reading it more and more.
  110. I have over 70 books on my unread shelf in my closet.
  111. I don't like Love Inspired romances that much.  I prefer the normal Harlequins.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you bestie! :) I love reading your blogs! I think I knew all 111 of these!

    ReplyDelete

No profanity.