This book was flippin' awesome. I read about it on another blog, and decided it looked interesting. Got the eBook recently, and within a few days, I had it read.
1. The protagonist is deaf, but she hears more than you think. ;) Her name is Piper, ironically. She's a kickbutt chess player. She always wins against this guy named Ed.
2. At her brother's misinterpreting, she becomes the manager of a band (three members at this time) called Dumb. And they are very, very Dumb. She enlists the aforementioned Ed to help her whip them into shape. There's our fourth flavor on the drums.
3. When the fifth flavor, a guitarist who can't play the guitar, joins the group, tensions rise. They bomb their first on-TV gig. They get into a smackdown, ON LIVE TELEVISION, and almost don't make their first big-time gig.
4. Atomic pink. You'll get it if you read it. ;)
5. A little bit of romance, a little bit of comedy, some meltdowns...