Tabs

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ring-A-Ding-Ding-Baby!

Research, by far, is one of the most fun parts of writing.

One of my characters got one of my other characters an engagement ring.  Said ring is engraved.  I didn't know what the engraving should say, so I turned to Google for ideas.  Anything in brackets [] are my thoughts on the saying.

Eternally Yours

Always

All My Love

Happily Ever After

Worth the Wait  [Good for someone who had worn a promise ring]

Till Death

I Love You/Thee

Love, Honor, Cherish

My True Love

I Do [I do/cherish you/for the rest of my life/you don't have to think twice/I will...]

Let's grow old together

Give me a thousand kisses (hers)
And then a thousand more (his)

You're my knucklehead and I love you [This is something I'd tell a lot of people...]

A perfect fit

Honey, I called dibs


If you're going through hell, just keep going   [Don't slow down/If you're scared/Don't show it.]


A deal's a deal  [What was the deal?]


I would run away with you  [Again?  Anybody else picture elopement?]

Oh the places we'll go!  [Dr. Seuss anyone?]


Don't even think about it... 


You are SO mine [Here we go, here's what the ring should say]


To the moon and back


You're still the One! [You're still the one I run to/The one that I belong to/You're still the one I want for life]

United as one


Better than ice cream


My love, my life, my friend


My soulmate


I choose you [The Prince and Cinderella?]
Happy now? Good.  [Shot gun wedding?]

Ruth 1:16-17 [16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”]

Forever, Amen [As long as old men sit and talk about the weather/as long as old women sit and talk about old men!]

Not for pawning  [;)]
Put me back on!

PDM 1 of 2 Assimilated 24-11-00 (his)
MLR 2 of 2 Assimilated 24-11-00 (hers) (resistance was futile)

Thanks for waiting, Dork!   [Now, that doesn't doesn't seem like a good idea...]

This is my solemn vow

I kissed you first!

Forever my sweet star

You are so beautiful!! [You're everything I hoped for/You're everything I need...]

Why do you have your ring off?

(Woman's name)’s property 9-9-00 (his)
(Man)’s property 9-9-00 (hers)

Be good Kiddo

Keep it real

My Glorious Wife

May "we" always be (wedding date) 

Good morning beautiful [how was your night/mine was wonderful...]

Mine, all mine! [This one would be another good one for my book]

God and Us All my Love

By the Grace of God

Our love is fate

Wrapped around you forever

BABY, I'M AMAZED BY YOU!  [I don't know how you do what you do/I'm so in love with you/It just keeps getting better/I wanna spend the rest of my life/With you by my side...]

You'll always be my favorite

I love U to infinity and beyond [Toy Story anyone?  I always hated Toy Story]

Honestly and for true

Me too  [When those three little words come so easy to you/I hope you know what I mean when I say..."Me too"]

Like wine-we improve!  [Might be/A little dust on the bottle...] 

Resistance is Futile

I Love You Most [Tangled?]

Never Another You  [This wouldn't be the one my character bought his girl.  This would be the one the girl got him!]

So, if you're planning on getting a ring engraved, now you may not have to Google it.  All the best for you and your rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.