1) Life's easier when you know who you are. When you have a passion in life.
Passion = happiness. At least, it has for me.
2) Our economy sucks. The job market sucks. No matter what field you go into, you're going to have to fight for a job, most likely. You may as well take the gamble and follow your heart/nose/dreams/here's a good one, God's will. (Rich Mullins has a great song about this.)
3) Know your talents. Cultivate them.
4) As for as the stuff you're not talented in, if you like doing it, do it. You'll get good. If not, hide your attempts. ;) As for the stuff you're not talented in, and you hate doing it, don't. Not if you don't have to. It's not worth stressing yourself over.
5) Dance. Even when you feel like an idiot, dance. Get moving. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.
6) These things make life easier: Laughter, chocolate, best friends, books, Rich Mullins, Brennan Manning, and fairy tales.
7) Don't worry. God's juggling the Universe. He won't drop you.
Now all I got to do is follow my own advice.