Tabs

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Bookwormy College Girl's Problem

I will mostly likely be staying at the dorm at the W.  I have, at last count, 622 books, about 170 that I have not read and about 80 are reference.

I have an idea of the books I will bring, but even I know I can't take all of them with me.

I know I'll take my Ragamuffin Gospel and Reflections for Ragamuffins; most, if not all, of my Stephen Lawhead's and Stephen King's; my short story collections; 2 Bibles (HCSB and NLT); The Calling of Emily Evans; Nectar from a Stone; My Andersen and Grimm collections; baby name books; my dictionary and thesaurus (well, I have like 2 or 3 of each, but one of each); probably It's Not Easy Being Green; and maybe half the books on my Unread shelf.

Bookshelves, we have a problem.

Of course, I'll have my Kindle and my Kindle app on my BB, so I don't have to bring so many.  I have an HCSB and Nectar from a Stone on my Kindle as well as in print, but there's something about flipping through the book.

Honestly, I'm going to try to read as many books as possible before move-in day.  I really just want my comfort books.  And I'll try to read all those doorstoppers I have.  Why bring a few ginormous books when I can bring a probably double the amount in MMPBs?  And then there's the other books I have bookmarks in and my Lloyd Alexander's and Victoria Alexander's.  Oh, and my Candice Hern's!  But most of the ones I have by her are on my Kindle, but I have four of her books in print, only one of which I've read.

What I think I'll do, is once I'm done packing the absolute essentials, I'll just pack books in the spaces and see how much I can fit.

I remember reading somewhere that you know you're a bookworm if you hate moving because of all the books you have to pack.  I now understand fully what the blogger meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.