Tabs

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Didn't Want To

I got an idea for a poem last night or early this morning.  It was dark outside whatever time it was.





I don't consider myself a poet, but every now and then, inspiration strikes and I can write one.


I didn't want to write it at first.  Even though I knew I wouldn't share it right away (if I did at all), writing it down still seemed like sharing.


Well, I guess I would be sharing it with a paper.  But I guess when I wrote it down, it wouldn't feel like mine anymore.  And it wouldn't just be in my head anymore.  It would actually--GASP--manifest.


I didn't want that.


I finally did set pen to paper earlier today.  The only problem was, what I had in my head came back in such a scatter-shot way of what I wanted to write.  Oops.  Should've written it down last night when inspiration first struck.


I could've gotten it all down and revised it later.  But no, my own reluctance cost me...well, it didn't cost me anything, really.  It just annoyed me later.


Lesson learned.


I wrote down what I did remember of the different stanzas, and the refrain.  It won't be the first time I wrote a poem out of order.  Sometimes lines just come.  I don't want to throw it out, but I don't know where to put it.  So I just cut the stanzas out and rearrange them until I'm happy with it.


And the Golden Girls Rejection (I really should've posted this when I mention that I got a rejection letter):




No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.