Tabs

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On Social Networks I'm On

I have enough social networks (Writing.Com, Blogger, Twitter, and Goodreads) without needing Facebook.  That, and those do a lot more for me than FB ever could.  Granted, I'm not spending that much time on WdC, anymore, but...whatever.  I'm trying.  I actually reviewed someone yesterday--or the day before?

As for the blogs: I love following them.  I read mostly other aspiring authors who are, usually, a little bit ahead of me.  But I'm not the only one struggling with different things.

Twitter:  I like reading my Twitter updates WAY more than my Facebook updates--probably because I don't follow that many people and only like 2 of them post every single thing they're doing. And then I only get certain ones to my phone and the rest I read from my computer.

Goodreads:  I talk about it all the time.  Granted, I don't socialize on there much, but I still like being on there knowing that there are other people who love books as much as I do and are willing to talk about them and not feel any shame.  I don't feel alone on Goodreads.  I actually have stuff in common with those people--even if it is just books.

Facebook:  I get on, update my status, and check my notifications.  If I'm in the mood for it, I'll scroll and look at what everybody else is doing, but mostly after I've updated, I wait around a little to see if anyone wants to IM me.  If no one does, I get off, end of story.  Although, I like TeresaMederiosFans on there.  If I could delete most of my friends and just keep the ones where I liked what they put on Facebook, I so would.  But I don't wanna offend anybody.  Maybe I need to do a filter ;-P

The urge to delete Facebook has come on again, and I'm thinking I may go where it leads me. Yes, it is an important network to have as a writer, but it's not like I'm discovered or anything.  I can do without for now.

But nothing's decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.