Tabs

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fangbangin'

I started the first Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Until Dark. My mom's read them. My sister's read them. My writing buddy, Lacey, has read them.

Basically, all the readers in my real life.

So, I've told Lacey that I started it, and I told Goodreads. You guys are next.

Why Vampires Suck at Math - Not Funny CartoonsI'm enjoying it, kind of. I mean, I expected a lot more than what I'm getting. This is why I'm always leery of books that people just love-and-tell-me-I-need-to-read-it-to-be-cool.

With no foreseeable end in sight to the series, I'm reluctant to read beyond the first one. If it wows me, I might go against my grain and read what's there and wait like the rest of the Fangbangers for the next book to come out. If not, well, I can say I've read a Sookie Stackhouse, review it, and go on with the rest of my reading life.

Sometimes you just find a book that clicks for you. You love it from page one and finish it in three-four days (that's my norm). You can't help but want the finish out the book or the series.

And then there are the other ones. You trudge through it. But once you're done with it, you know it was time well spent. It was worth it.

And then there are others that you trudge through and/or devour and just go with the rest of the middle-rate crap you read.  It was good, but not that good.

I don't know where this book will go.  I laugh at it.  I think it's interesting, even if the vampires are jerks.  I have mixed feelings about Bill.  I remember a Facebook flair saying it was like Twilight for adults.  I can't help but agree.  Still, I picked it up at the library and started reading it, and then snagged (okay, stole) my mom's copy at home to finish it out.

Darn my curiosity.  Let's see how this turns out, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.