Tabs

Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Friday? Already? How Long Was I Reading?

Ohmigosh.  I haven't blogged all week.


Well, I would like to say that life got in the way and that I was just too busy.


Nope.  I was reading.  And now I'm going to tell you about the Terrible Awful thing I just started.


There was this book that was free on Kindle.  Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday.  It was in the romance books I was looking through.  Yeah, once I learned that it was a series and that it was, in fact, a mystery, I was a little turned off.


Still, my curiosity was piqued.  I got it.  Read it.  Okay, I wasn't wowed by it, but I mean, I really really liked it.  And I laughed, and I highlighted a bunch of stuff on my Kindle that I posted to Facebook, probably much to the annoyance to like, the 25 friends I have.  


And, unlike most mysteries I read, I actually knew whodunnit after the book was over.  (Because usually, I can finish a mystery and STILL not know who did it.)


So, I got what I thought was the rest of the books in the series.  I read book 2, finished it last night.


Before I finished it, I was checking Goodreads before I started book 3.  Turns out, that was the one book I didn't get.  Could have sworn I did, but I hadn't.


Ooops.  So, while I'm waiting for a refund on the prepaid so I can book 3 and continue on with the series, I got back into a print book.  Also, my copy of The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, the sequel to The Name of the Wind came in yesterday.  I'm mentally preparing myself to read that one.  994 pages.


But anyway, back to the High Heels Mysteries.  I mean, I was laughing out loud, had my mom wondering why I was laughing so hard.  I really, really enjoyed it.  


If you like funny chick-lit, mysteries, and a hot as hell Hispanic LAPD, I'd highly recommend it.  Personally, unless a book totally ends wrong, any book that can make me laugh out loud is going to get a high rating from me.


Okay, so what if I haven't written anything in the past week?  My literary word tank is fully loaded, I promise.  I may actually write something next week.

1 comment:

No profanity.