Tabs

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Positively GAC: More on Country Music

Yeah, today's the last day of Ragamuffin.  I don't wanna talk about it.  I haven't even left yet.

Because I wanted to chase 3 little boys outta my room, I did something I almost never do.  I switched the TV from SpongeBob to Positively GAC.  I almost never watch it unless there is absolutely nothing else on.  It's not that I don't like the Christian music and some of the country music that plays, it's just that I don't know much of it.  (Although, the stuff I do know, I like.)

People accept what's familiar.  If it's not, discomfort.  The last thing I want to be is uncomfortable, especially in my own home, in the comfort of my room.  Yes, that's my id talking, but if I'm honest, you can't insult me.

Anyway, so today, a song by country duo Montgomery Gentry played.  MG sings "Hell Yeah," most notably.  "My Town" and "One in Every Crowd" are some other common ones.

Today, this played:



The best known characteristic  of country music:  You can sing all about  Jesus in one song, but then talk about getting wasted/laid in the next.  This isn't right, just the way it is.

Country music--a lot of music, actually--has everything to do with being human.  But if there's one genre that covers it all...

Yeah, it's country.  Which is why I love it so much.  A lot of other genres have either dance, love, or sex songs.  Country has this too, obviously, but there's also little towns, mama, and trains.  ;-)  (Although, when it's a country singer with a sex song--or even suggestive--usually the singer's married.  Most notably, Josh Turner and Dierks Bentley).

Brad Paisley sums it up nicely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity.